Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Variety? absent. Ramen? present.

How is it that Ramen noodles are so cheap anyway? I feel like I'm being ripped off whenever I buy any other noodle package (that doesn't even include a flavor packet!)  Or, perhaps I should be wary about what those Ramen curly strings are made out of in the first place.

Regardless of any cheap noodle misgivings, I made Creamy Chicken noodles tonight for dinner.  I only bought a few days worth of groceries before, and haven't been back to Kroger since.  All I have left are vegetables and tortillas.



Considering I had a tortilla containing all the pictured above vegetables for lunch, and last night for dinner I gorged myself on scrambled eggs since I was absolutely starving after work, Ramen was my last option.




I am definitely facing the "variety" issue.  On a budget, you not only are barred from a high quality/high flavor food options, you don't have a lot of food around the house to choose from.  If you have a limited amount of money to purchase food, which is a problem a lot of people have when they live paycheck to paycheck, you can't go on big shopping trips and stock up.  You only buy what you can eat now.  That leaves you with scanty options and an even less positive outlook on the next meal.  It's disappointing, frustrating, and disheartening when you know that all you have left are half eaten vegetables and three eggs, but you open the fridge and cupboards with a hope to just maybe find some tasty, filling option you forgot about.

Noodles and water.  It's dinner time.


No comments:

Post a Comment