Thursday, August 19, 2010

The last supper. Err, suppers.

I had to drag myself to Kroger after work yesterday, I was so hungry and exhausted that all I wanted to do was go home and eat. Since I don't have the storage space where I am currently staying, I can't stock up on food for the week, so for this challenge this will be my second trip to the store (I surprisingly stretched a little over 6 dollars from my first trip to 5 days, relying on free meals and creative planning.) I spent 3.99 with the help of a Kroger plus card on a couple days worth of food. That is, if I don't mind eating the same thing for days at a time.

Grocery list:
  • Broccoli (note to self: "chopped" broccoli is NOT the same as broccoli florrets.  "Chopped" broccoli are tiny bits of broccoli stem in a bag.  For 89 cents.)
  • Celery (for dipping in my peanut butter jar)
  • Rice (brown rice.  That takes 45-50 minutes to cook.  I was impatient.  My rice was crunchy...)
  • 3 red potatoes (my Dad showed me this awesome way to fry red potato slices in olive oil, with garlic powder and dill.  SO YUMMY!  Don't forget the ketchup with this dish.)
Everything cooked, it made two full meals with plenty of the rice/broccoli left over.


This is the last post about buying/cooking/budgeting food, as the Food Stamp Challenge is OVER TOMORROW!  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment